Life is Sticky. Life is Sweet.

Life is Sticky. Life is Sweet.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Newest Endeavor

So, most recently, Cara told me I was hysterical--a comic genius, as it were--and we needed to start a blog. Okay, it was a little more like "We should start a blog." She was responding to the insanely self-indulgent Note I wrote on Facebook about my Inside the Actor's Studio fantasy (maybe I'll re-post it here at a later date). I loved Cara's old blog. I read it all the time and I think she captured her life perfectly, giving old friend a little glimpse into being a teacher, tutor, and mom to two active boys.
I loved the idea of starting a blog. I immediately started having Julie/Julia Project and Cake Wrecks fantasies. I mean, who doesn't want to start a blog that becomes an Internet sensation first and then a force unto itself, spreading into movies, books, and fame. In the Peanut Butter & Jelly movie, I want Mayim Bialik to play me.
I mean, everyone who knows me knows that I'm a cross between Kathy Griffin and Janeane Garofalo (who really aren't that different, if you think about it), so contributing to a blog should be crazy-easy for me. Right? Right?
Yeah. No.
So far I've had to tear myself away from the first paragraph to do these things:
1. Pour myself a cup of coffee before I fell over. I was up until about 3.30 am last night studying for an anatomy and physiology midterm. I did take a few breaks for my own sanity: At midnight I got on Facebook to play Vampire Wars and rant in my status. At 1am, I watched Ugly Betty on NBC West Coast.
2. Slice up an apple for Lizzie, even though she just ate a waffle, grapes, and apple slices for breakfast an hour prior.
3. Chase a very naked Lizzie around the house because the slicing of the apples was obviously just a ruse so I'd leave the room and she could get--and I quote-NAK-KID!!
4. Scoured the house for more quarters to do laundry.
5. Sing and dance along with Lizzie and Team Umizoomi on Nickelodeon. What? I'm a mom. I have no shame.
So, how am I going to keep up with the blog and my oh-so full life? Same way I always do: Neglect something stupid and unnecessary (like dishes) and blog, blog, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here...